The village of Govedartsi is situated 80 km south from Sofia and 20 km west from Borovets Mountain Resort. Nestled in the foot of Rila Mountain along Cherni Iskar River, the village of Govedartsi is surrounded by virgin nature and unique eco system. It is a tourist base and a starting point to many hiking itineraries and marked footpaths on the way to explore Rila Mountain.
In the region you can:
· Hike in the imposing Malyovitsa Valley, climb Malyovitsa Peak and admire the amazing views;
· This region is a starting point for hiking routes to the Seven Rila Lakes and the great Rila Monastery;
· Have a picnic near Yonchevo Lake or elsewhere;
· Have a walk through the beautiful pine-woods, in search for wild fruits, herbs or mushrooms;
· Visit the museums in the old Samokov.
The tourist base of the village is located at a distance of only 2 km in southwestern direction. The base is a complex of electrified and water-supplied bungalows. In the winter season, there are perfect ski conditions – drags, and rent station for ski – equipment.